Book a Property Valuation $(function(){ var match = 'VIDEOETTE'; $("#video-play > span:contains(" + match + ")").each(function(){ var $this = $(this); $this.html(function(){ return $this.html().replace(match, "VIDEO"); }); }); });

What Are The Legal Requirements For Selling A Property? 



Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

When a house sells an EPC will need to be included. An EPC certificate gives information about the property’s energy use and typical energy costs. It also provides recommendations about how to reduce energy and save money. If you do not have an EPC Money Properties can recommend a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) to provide one.

Shared Freehold/Leasehold Document

If your property is leasehold, you will be required to provide a copy of the lease. Alternatively, if your property is shared freehold/shared ownership you will need to provide the share certificate too.

Proof of Identity

You will need to provide your solicitor and us with proof of identity and address. A utility bill or bank statement and a passport or driving licence will usually suffice.

Property Title Deeds

You will need to provide Property Title Deeds for the house you are selling. You may already have these from when you bought your house. If not, your solicitor should be able to help you to obtain official copies from the land register.

Fittings and contents form

The fittings and contents form is a document that indicates what is and isn’t included in the sale of a property. This could cover curtains, carpets, white goods and outdoor areas such as sheds, plants etc.

Property information form

This is a large document that provides very in-depth information about the house you are selling. Amongst other things it will include details of boundaries, parking, occupiers, environmental matters, services and transaction information.